1 prize to be won!
As we enjoy the fine summer weather, Gas Safe Register is urging people not to be complacent when it comes to gas safety in the home, while we may not have our central heating on, 84% of people are still using gas appliances in the home, with 71% of people using a gas boiler for hot water and 49% continuing to use their hob.
The dangers of faulty gas appliances can be extreme, in some cases fatal, yet despite this a fifth of people (19%) would only get their appliances serviced or checked if they stopped working. People are five times more likely to worry about the weather, or sunburn and hay fever this summer than carbon monoxide poisoning.
Nearly 1,300 homes and businesses were identified as unsafe by Gas Safe Register’s inspection team last summer due to dangerous gas appliances being found, 18% higher than the number of unsafe sites recorded in winter months.
This summer, Gas Safe Register is helping families become more aware of the dangers of unsafe gas appliances, by giving away a £400 high street shopping voucher along with carbon monoxide alarms.
Gas Safe Register is the registration body appointed by the Health and Safety Executive to manage the register of gas engineers in the UK, Isle of Man and Guernsey. It is a legal requirement for anyone carrying out domestic and commercial gas work to be registered with Gas Safe Register.
You can find or check a Gas Safe registered engineer in your area at the Gas Safe Register website and keep an eye out for Gas Safety Week taking place 17-23 September.
£400 shopping voucher and carbon monoxide alarms thanks to Gas Safe Register x1
Enter your login details below to retrive your account for your chance to enter:
Win £400 of high street shopping vouchers thanks to Gas Safe Register