10 prizes to be won!
Mood Boosting Hamper From Indigo Herbs– WORTH £50
10 TO GIVEAWAY
What we eat has a massive impact not just on our bodies but how we feel about ourselves! Luckily there are lots of foods out there that can help us feel good. This super-nutritious hamper from Indigo Herbs includes the best foods to improve your mood, concentration and sleep and even help your body to relax.
INDIGO HERBS HAMPER INCLUDES:
1. Organic Pumpkin Seeds (250g) – contain the sleep inducing, mood enhancing phyto-nutrient L-tryptophan, and are also rich in zinc which helps the body use this important phyto-nutrient. L-tryptophan is essential in making serotonin which governs the mood and melatonin which governs sleep. Including pumpkin seeds in your diet makes sense and they can be eaten raw or roasted and scattered over salads, or packed into a flapjack. Daily serving of pumpkin seeds: 1-2 tablespoons per day.
2. Organic Flax Seeds (500g) - are rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids and this nutrient is so important in helping us manage our moods, as omega-3 fats reduce brain inflammation, build brain cells and are thought to improve mood and memory. Flax seeds can easily be sprinkled on breakfast, in smoothies or on salads. They can also be soaked in water and the gelatinous liquid can be used to replace eggs in making pastry, cakes, pancakes. Daily serving of flax seeds: 1-2 tablespoons per day.
3. Organic Cacao Powder (250g) - The cacao bean (from which cacao powder is extracted) contains over 300 phyto-nutrients including poly-phenols that trigger those happy relaxed brain chemicals like endorphins, serotonin and dopamine, this explains why we associate chocolate with that feel good feeling. Try eating your chocolate naturally sweetened and free from dairy for a true wellbeing treat. Add Cacao powder on top of your yoghurt, porridge or smoothie bowl at brekkie; or blend up with a frozen banana for instant ice-cream. Daily serving of cacao powder: 30g per day.
4. Green Tea Powder (100g) contains a brain relaxing chemical called L-theanine which encourages the production of alpha waves. These are the brain waves we produce when we are relaxed. Research shows that L-theanine induces alert yet relaxed states of mind. Green tea can be consumed throughout the day and even into the evening, unlike other caffeinated drinks. Daily serving: 1-2 cups daily
5. Organic Almonds (250g) provide a good source of protein, and protein is king when it comes to busting stress. Almonds are a source of folate and magnesium which are also known for reducing tiredness and fatigue. To combat stress its worth basing every meal and snack around protein. Protein is so good at keeping your energy levels and moods more stable; without any of the sugar crashes that a high-carb diet brings. A handful of Almonds per day will stabilise blood sugar levels, mood swings, beat stress and maintain a healthy heart. Daily serving of Almonds: 28g per day
6. Bee Pollen (100g) is a brain booster, this is because it’s rich in B vitamins. B1, B2 and B3 are essential for a healthy nervous system. This gift from the bees can lift brain fatigue, improve alertness and help with concentration levels. B vitamins are often referred to as “anti-stress” or “morale” vitamins and are greatly in need when the nervous system is working overtime. The pollen granules have a sweet malty taste and can be sprinkled over cereals, yogurt, porridge or breakfast fruit bowl. Daily serving: 1 tsp per day (5g)
7. Organic Shelled Hemp Seeds (100g) contain essential fatty acids in the ideal ratio to meet our nutritional needs, with a perfect balance of Omega 6 to Omega 3. These healthy fats act like food for the brain. Hemp seeds are nutritional powerhouses containing stress busting magnesium and mood boosting vitamin D. The hulled seeds are soft and make an instant hemp milk when blended with water. The seeds can be sprinkled over salads, soups, stews, and pretty much whatever you have on your plate for a daily brain boost. Daily recommended amount: 30g per day
8. Indigo Chocolate Making Gift Set – This Chocolate Making Kit Gift Set from Indigo Herbs includes all the ingredients needed for those who want to make their own pure, vegan, nutritious & delicious chocolate. Enjoy hand crafting your own chocolates at home with this simple and easy kit. The kit contains: Cacao Powder, Cacao Butter, Raw Agave Nectar, Pure Raw Vanilla Powder, Goji Berries and Brazil Nuts. We also include our secret recipe on how to make Indigo Herbs Pure Chocolate.
ABOUT INDIGO HERBS
Indigo Herbs supplies a broad range of plant based natural health ingredients including herbs, superfoods, wholefoods and aromatherapy. Sourcing the finest quality ingredients from around the globe since 2005 we are passionate about supporting people on their journey to optimum health and wellbeing. Indigo Herbs also publishes a natural health guide, blog and recipe collection as we believe that empowerment is the key to optimum health and that begins with information and inspiration.
This competition ends on 29/03/2018
Mood Boosting Hamper From Indigo Herbs x10
Enter your login details below to retrieve your account for your chance to enter:
Win a mood boosting hamper from Indigo Herbs